Helping our members keep their Payza accounts secure is one of our top priorities. To give you all the necessary tools for protecting your Payza account, we have several security settings, letting you choose the right level of protection for your account.
Here is a summary of each security setting:
Password & Payza Transaction PIN
The default security setting for your Payza account protects your account with a password and a transaction PIN. You will create your password when you sign up for your Payza account. Your password must consist of:
- Minimum 8 alphanumeric characters.
- At least 1 capital letter.
- At least 1 special character.
Along with a password, you will also choose your 4-8 digit Payza Transaction PIN when you complete your Payza account profile. Your Payza Transaction PIN is used to confirm and authenticate most of the actions taken within your account. Be sure to choose a secure PIN and do not share it with anyone.
Level 1: Suspicious Login Alerts
When creating your Payza account, Level 1 of the Advanced Security Levels will automatically be enabled. For this advanced security level, you will receive an email alert whenever your account is accessed from an unrecognized device. This email alert will include details such as date, time, and place of login.
For those that want even more protection for their account, we have two other Advanced Security Levels to choose from. Before you can enable these, you are required to set up a Payza Avatar and custom message:
Payza Avatars & Custom Message
The Payza Avatar and custom message are security features that will greet you whenever you log in to your Payza account and confirm that you are on the authentic Payza login page.
How To Create an Avatar and Custom Message
- In your Payza account, click on your name in the top left part of your account.
- Select “Advanced Security Setup”.
- Build your avatar using the options available.
- Edit your custom message to the right of the avatar.
- Enter the Transaction PIN you created when completing your profile.
- Click on “Set Up Security” to save.
After you set up your Payza Avatar and custom message, you can either keep Level 1 of the Advanced Security Levels or choose one of the two other Advanced Security Levels:
Level 2: Suspicious Login Authentication
The second advanced security level generates a one-time use authentication code that will be sent to your email whenever you attempt to log in from an unrecognized device. You will need to enter this code to log in to your Payza account within a specified time frame.
For many people, this is the right amount of protection they need, but Payza also has one higher level for the strongest security:
Level 3: Two-Factor Authentication
This security level sends a code to a paired smart device such as a smartphone or connected tablet every time you try to log in to your account. To access your Payza account, you will need to enter this code along with your username and password.
For Payza’s 2-Factor Authentication, you must use the Google Authenticator (GA) app.
Here are the steps for setting up 2-Factor Authentication:
- Install the Google Authenticator (GA) app on your mobile phone or tablet.
- In your Payza account, click on your name in the top left portion of the screen then select Advanced Security Settings.
- Select “Level 3: 2-Factor Authentication” and click “Set Up Two-Factor Authentication”. Instructions will appear on screen to help you complete the following steps. After completing this step, you will be presented with the following window:
- Scan the QR code you received to pair your Payza account with the GA app. This QR code can be scanned through your mobile device or you can enter the code manually.
- Upon completing step 4, you will receive a verification code in the GA app. In your Payza account enter the code where it says “Verification Code” in the Two-Factor Authentication Setup window. This step will synchronize your smart device with our system.
With 2-Factor Authentication enabled, whenever you try to log in to your Payza account you must first open the GA app to view the login code. Enter this code in the login screen along with your username and password to access your account.
Payza is dedicated to protecting your information and your account, but you also have to do your part to keep your account secure. Always keep your login and account details confidential, never reveal any personal information publicly, such as on social media platforms, and do not share your avatar image or welcome message.
If you need any further help or if you have any questions concerning Payza’s security settings, feel free to contact our customer support.